The centre was started in 1921.
- Three higher secondary schools for girls with 3218 students.
- A middle school with 103 students.
- A primary school with 216 children.
- Two hostels: one with 71 boarders and another with 9 orphans.
- Five libraries with 33,367 books and 14 newspapers and periodicals.
- Apart from teaching normal students, special care is given for slow learners and students suffering from hearing impairment, dyslexia and paralysed hand.
- Religious activities: Providing moral and religious instructions to the students and observing the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious teachers.