The Math & Mission centres were started in 1913 and taken over in 1928.
Activities of the Math centre:
- Daily worship and fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan.
- Regular classes and public lectures on and off the ashrama premises.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and also Durga Puja and Kali Puja.
Activities of the Mission centre:
- A library and a reading room with 5164 books and 16 periodicals and newspapers.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 7558 cases this year.
- Three medical camps (368 patients treated).
- A students’ home with 29 students.
- An audio-visual unit, which screened educative films in 6 villages benefiting more than 2200 people.
- Welfare work by way of providing books and stipends to students, and financial help, food grains, blankets, clothing, etc to needy persons.
- A rural development project consisting of 8 charitable mobile homeopathic dispensaries (total patients: 27,026), 5 non-formal education centres and 6 coaching centres with 429 students, and a vocational training centre imparting training in carpentry, tailoring and maintenance of electrical appliances with 29 trainees.