Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530003
Phone : 0891-2562561 & 2533186
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: 2706 855
Started in 1938, this ashrama is situated in full view of the sea (Ramakrishna Beach).
Activities of the Mission centre :
- An English-medium high school, a little away from the ashrama,
with 373 boys and 394 girls. The attached libary had 1710 book.
- A public library and a free reading room with 17,495 books and 82
newspapers and periodicals.
- A dispensary (having a special department for the treatment of cerebral-palsied children, with facilities like physiotherapy, special education, speech therapy, counselling of parents, etc) : 2681 patients were treated. Besides, an eye camp was also organized in a village where 47 paitents were operated on out of 110 patients screened.
- Welfare work by way of providing scholarships to poor students and medical aid to the afflicted.
- Doll exhibition on the lives of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri
Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, weekly scriptural discourses,
occasional retreats, and celebration of the birthdays of
Sri Ramakrishna and other spiritual luminaries.
- Educational Camp for students to impart moral, cultural and spiritual values (107 children). Besides, youth retreats and various competitions were also organized for school and college students (1300 students from 30 institutions participated).
Additional Photos of the Activities of the Centre:
Library & Reading Room